Sunday, November 11, 2012

Making the Most of Your Time

Most students find that their greatest challenge in adjusting to college life and to succeeding in the classroom is in managing their time effectively. Adult students deal with the additional issues of child care, family, work and home responsibilities.

When managing your time, it is very important to setup your priorities. What is most important in your class or most important in your life? Set your priorities and get the most important ones done as soon as you can and evaluate your progress at the end of each the day briefly.

In my case, first I setup my goals and priorities. Then after I calculate available time and breakdown the time for each task and carry out the activity around my schedule. It is better to make daily schedule but because of my job nature it is really hard to accomplish my daily goals. Currently I am taking 2 classes; I have my regular supply job, most of time I need to do mission essential job and some time emergency too. It is not big deal to manage time for my classes and regular job, if mission essential and emergency happens; it is really hard to maintain my schedule. I have a weekly calendar with my daily high priority work with dark red color, moderate priority with blue color and low priority with green color. My daily activities go through my priority level.

Remember, time is a special resource that you cannot store or save for later use. Everyone has the exact same amount of time each day. Time not well used cannot be retrieved. You become more productive if you manage your time effectively, and can accomplish more with less effort and time. Time management can help you reduce wasted time and energy, help you become more creative and productive, and enable you to do the right thing at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment